Sunday, November 8, 2009

the slave

I seem to have lost my momentum for blogging. Then again I feel a little like I've lost my momentum for life in general lately. I guess just keep getting back on the horse each time I fall off...

I loved The Slave. I thought it was tragic and real and beautiful. The end was my favorite part. I thought it really brought beauty into the tragedy. And I like that it took my viewpoint from the microcosm, the story of Jacob alone without Sarah in exile, to the macrocosm, they were together again in spirit and in a sense in physical body. Themes of fate and destiny drive the tale, and from turmoil and tragedy emerges peace. I was left with a feeling that there is more to this life than the earthly experience, and I felt comforted for Jacob that he was brought back to Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment